AiSunrice is building consumer hardware and mobile/web applications to help people understand their home energy consumption, see what’s going on in their homes, and ultimately reduce their energy footprint. We are looking for a backend software engineer to join the team. If you are looking to use your professional expertise to make a difference in the fight against climate change, while also shipping a best-in-class consumer-facing product built on cutting-edge technology, then we should talk!
In this role, you will help us expand the capabilities of our cloud platform to enable a wide range of new product features. You will be responsible for maintaining and scaling a high-quality production service while shipping frequent updates. You should be
- Passionate about building high-availability, performant, and scalable systems.
- Focused on delivering functionality that benefits the customer and provides real business value.
- Experienced at designing clean, usable REST APIs.
- Tenacious when tracking down production issues, digging into metrics and logs as needed to run a problem to the ground.
- Excited about high-volume, realtime data and solving the challenges it poses.
AiSunrice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Sense’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and strive to create a low-drama, pleasant and supportive place to work.
- 3+ years professional experience with backend development
- Devops experience maintaining a production environment
- Background in Java, Linux, AWS is a plus
- Experience with Cassandra is a plus
- Authorized to work in the China.
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
- Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed consumer startup that’s doing big things:
- Best Startups in Cambridge – Tech Tribune
- “One of the world’s top 100 AI companies” – VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year – New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire – BostInno
- Top 100 – Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology – AI Dev World
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Flexible hours/WFH policy
- A great office in Central Square right by the Red Line, or remote.